Administrative Assistant Vacancy
Our Administrator position needs someone who is ready for a varied role working in a professional and friendly environment. You will need to be a proactive individual, who will be required to carry out every day office duties as well as provide high levels of customer service, dealing promptly & efficiently with telephone & email enquiries.
You will need to work with a high degree of attention to detail, discretion and be able to work under pressure. Our customers have varying requirements and you will need to ask relevant questions to gain a better understanding of their event, offer advice and use your initiative to find solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide general administration support, for which you will need to develop a thorough understanding of our services and procedures
- Develop relationships with existing customers by keeping in touch with them regularly and updating the CRM with information about the customer such as birthdays, anniversaries etc
- Build up your knowledge of individual customers and use this to up-sell by recommending services to them, as appropriate – Being helpful to the client is the main consideration (no sales targets involved)
- Communicate effectively and professionally with clients at all seniority levels, through telephone, emails and sometimes face to face, to build and maintain a good rapport
- Create quotations, ensuring accuracy and that information is continually kept up to date
- Use a CRM system and willingness to develop in this area is essential, previous experience of commercial CRMs would be an advantage
- Provide excellent customer services including advice and recommendations
- Other duties as requested by Director
Qualifications and Skills/ Person Specification – Minimum Requirements
- A good experience of an administration role with an element of customer service/sales
- Excellent time keeping and reliability
- Strong communication skills via telephone, face to face or via email
- Customer focused and hard working
- Team player and the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Positive, professional attitude to promote the company at every opportunity
- A flexible approach to tasks and a willingness to manage issues if they occur
- A methodical approach with a keen eye for detail and a confident manner with customers and other employees
- Ability to prioritise and reprioritise in a changing environment and think on your feet
- Ability to achieve targets, timescales, objectives and deadlines
- Multi tasker – Proven ability to prioritise and manage your own workload
- A commercial knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Attention to detail and a positive attitude
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving
- Ability to use initiative and be creative
- Adhering to and understanding legal, insurance and health and safety regulations
Salary – Negotiable ranging from £17K -£20K
- Negotiable hours – Up to full time permanent after a 3-month probationary period
- 20 days annual leave (depending on hours agreed), all bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Excellent training
- Onsite parking and refreshments
Please click on the button below to download. Once completed, email your form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your personal data
We process personal data relating to those who apply for job vacancies with us or who send speculative job applications to us. We do this for employment purposes, to assist us in the selection of candidates for employment, and to assist in the running of the business. The personal data may include identifiers such as name, date of birth, personal characteristics such as gender, qualifications and previous employment history.
We will not share any identifiable information about you with third parties without your consent unless the law allows or requires us to do so. The personal data provided during an application process will be retained for a period of at least six months or, if required by law, for as long as required.
This privacy notice does not form part of an employment offer or contract between us. If we make an employment offer to you, we will provide further information about our handling of your personal information in an employment context separately.
If you would like to find out more about our data retention policy and how we use your personal data, you want to see a copy of the information about you that we hold or have any questions or issues regarding data protection, please email us with the Subject “Data Protection Request”.